Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rusty Stars Are Better Than Roses


So,

Life is getting a little bit more fun each day!
I'm moving this weekend, and though I have a huge hole in my ceiling, a bathroom under renovation, and an apartment that smells like Raccoon poo, I'm feeling really good about finally having a place to call home. It's a great place, and I should know this because I used to live there! My life is so funny, isn't it?

I've started dating. And a lovely feller who I hung out with coined it best when he referred to it as "Happy Days Style Dating". Holding hands, sharing, milkshakes, and just seeing what different people have to bring to the party. Courting. Testing the waters. Makin' friends.

I'm not SERIOUSLY dating. I mean, let's face it, I don't have a home, and when I do (on Saturday), I won't have any furniture, and well, if you count the renovations, my "HOME" is a big, big mess right now. I don't think it would be nice to invite anyone into it. Do you catch my drift? Once I have somewhere nice to sit, and the raccoon poo has been cleaned out of the walls, and the gaping hole mended in the ceiling, and I have a proper way to deal with private matters, then it's open season. Do you see what I did there? I just realized my crazy apartment is a great analogy for my crazy life. I'm not sure how ripping out the old carpet and replacing it with something new fits, but I think if we put our heads together, we could all come up with something clever.

I seem to be inspiring lots of thoughts of home and children, which is fascinating to me, because those things are probably the furthest from my mind that they have ever been right now. It's amusing what people pick up from you. I am marveling at it all.

I'm also channeling Nina Simone. She is my internal soundtrack right now. I am in a bluesy, jazzy, soulful, funked out, deep, rich, mocha, velvet frame of mind.

Lilac Wine baby...Lilac Wine...

No comments: